Saturday, 26 September 2026

Not the best of days

I didn't sleep so well and was awake for a couple of hours in the night. It left me feeling drowsy and slow to get going all morning. Clare was up before me and cooked our Saturday pancake breakfast. I walked up and down Llandaff Fields for three quarters of an hour to clear my head but it didn't make any difference to how I felt. I bumped into Marc and Fran and was introduced to Marc's son Josh who accompanied them. Josh is a stand-up comedian by profession. He resembles his dad, in voice and mannerisms, but he's completely bald whereas Marc is long haired.

Clare had lunch ready by the time I returned. I slept in my armchair for a while afterwards and felt fresher. Then I walked up and down Llandaff Fields for another hour. I've had a runny nose all day of the kind I've come to associate with recovery from a nose bleed when dried blood comes away with thick mucus as the nostril wound heals. I think waking up half a dozen times from bladder or bowel discomfort raises my blood pressure just enough to cause the wound to leak. The body reacts to the irritation by producing a surfeit of mucus. It's so frustrating, and tiring too. Early bed tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment