I slept fairly well and when I got up Clare and Kath were up breakfasting on Saturday pancakes. Amazing that Kath was able to find out so much about the painting so quickly. With Clare's help she hung it above the dining room table. It's an imposing feature, like having a new member of the household with us. Kath then set to work fitting the new bidet attachment she sourced to the bathroom toilet. Both she and Rachel are confident, good at reading instructions and prepared to have a go at basic DIY plumbing jobs. I would be anxious about making a mistake and breaking something I can't fix. I'm in awe of my capable practical daughters.
After an early lunch we walked to the Big Top tent set up in Sophia Gardens for the latest show by No Fit State Circus entitled 'Carnation'. The troupe of young athletic performers excels at a range of circus arts including juggling with flexible rings, vertical rope work, trapeze, tightrope walking, tumbling, and use of a see-saw to launch performers into gymnastic aerial stunts. It was fast paced and impressive to watch, but difficult to follow the narrative thread or make sense of it. The accompanying musicians and singers were excellent though rather loud. Six months ago I would have been unable to tolerate the noise or intensity of the stimulus and felt compelled to leave. Evidently I have made progress since then!
When we returned home after the performance I cooked a veggie pasta dish for supper, then walked in the dark around the block for half an hour afterwards for some fresh air before bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment