Thursday 16 March 2023

Lying low

I slept reasonably well, and despite the back pain, got up three times in the night without doing myself any harm. I posted the link to Thursday's Morning Prayer to WhatsApp and then took a good while to get mobile, and start theday, walking around the house to stretch my legs. 

I can sit down without too much discomfort but it's a problem standing up afterwards and getting mobile again, as my hips are unstable until I'm properly vertical and mobile. I sat down to write next week's biblical reflection, but recorded it and the Office standing with the laptop perched on top of the small upright piano. It turned out that the acoustic of the location were quite good too, although the distant sound of a strimmer at work messed up the first attempt I made.q

Once I was properly warmed up and confident about walking outdoors, I went down to the Farmacia and bought some iBuprofen, using my Spanish to good effect when discussing the required dosage. I returned to the house, ate the other half of the meal I cooked yesterday, went to bed and slept for an hour. 

Then, a walk up to Calle la Loma, chatting to Clare on the way to the far end where the street overlooks the autovia, and back to the house only parting company when it was time to eat supper. Afterwards I uploaded a few photos taken while I was out, but couldn't settle to read on the sofa for fear of discomfort or pain getting up afterwards, so I went and got ready for bed an hour early and read in bed instead. Fortunately getting in and out of bed is not a problem. The height is just right and the mattress gives firm support.


No comments:

Post a Comment