Wednesday 22 March 2023

Stocking up

It's a week today since I hurt my back. Getting started wasn't so challenging, as I've got used to various workarounds to stay functional. I still can't bend down comfortable enough to put socks on, but barefoot with sandals is quite acceptable. After breakfast, I walked down to St Andrew's, celebrated the Eucharist with eight others, and preached. 

I called at Mercadona on my way back, getting the larder well stocked in preparation for Clare's coming. Then I edited the audio recording of my homily for the Zoom Bible Study group the receive in advance, and made lunch. Most of the afternoon was spent writing another Wednesday homily, and preparing to record next Thursday's Morning Prayer and Reflection. It was approaching sunset at seven by the time I went out for a walk over to the Arroyo Real and back. Clare and I chatted while I was walking, and I arrived back at the house at dusk, just in time to listen to 'The Archers'.

After supper, I watched telly for a while, then recorded and edited what I had prepared earlier in the day. All in all, quite a productive day despite back ache from sitting down to work. No wonder I'm tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment