Friday 17 March 2023

Lying low day two

Fortunately I was able to sleep, but needed time to unstiffen and get on with the day. Sitting to do anything can soon become a problem, and the hard bit is getting vertical again afterwards. But, the iBuprofen tablets bought yesterday are reducing the sharpness of the pain and Arnica ointment albeit not so dramatic in effect, certainly works gradually. Standing and walking around is fine fortunately, so I can get things done. Slowly.

A bright sunny and warm day today. I had to forego the Palm Cross workshop at Peter and Linda's. Not sure I can drive at the moment, but will try tomorrow. If no success, I'll need someone to take me up to Alhaurin for the Eucharist. Thankfully it's my only service and it's end of morning.

I hand washed a couple of pullovers and some shorts and got them dry in a few hours. Also I completed next Thursday's prayer video and uploaded it to YouTube. After lunch, a walk to Aldi's for weekend groceries. I returned with a heavy bag, but neither my back nor ankle complained. The problem is discomfort when sitting on a chair, then wobbliness and pain standing up.

I dared to lie on the sofa to call Clare and write emails. I've rested on the bed a couple of times during the day. Working around the limits imposed by a specific area of back pain is quite tiring so the rest was welcome. After a couple of hours on the sofa I got up by edging myself on the the floor and then getting up in slow stages propped by furniture on hand. And this with little pain or discomfort. So I am improving, slowly, being careful.  Then, straight to bed. Quit while I'm ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment