Tuesday 7 March 2023

Summer proposal

A change in the weather overnight with cloud dispersing and the temperature rising to 20C mid- afternoon, and it's set to become even warmer in days to come. The moon is full tonight, spring is on the way. After breakfast I found an email waiting for me from Emma in diocesan HQ, to say that it would be possible to do seven of the nine weeks of the Lausanne locum duty July-August this year, without hindrance from Schengen rules. I wanted to talk to Clare about it, but she's been off-line since last night.

Then, I walked down the the church office to sort out bible study material ready for tomorrow, and then continued into town to buy a shirt in Dunne's Stores, a long sleeved blue cotton one, only €12. I then paid a visit to Fuengirola's Municipal Market, which has some interesting shops selling teas and health food products, but most of the meat fruit and veg stalls stalls were shuttered by mid-afternoon. Like the one in Los Boliches business starts and finishes early in the day. I caught the train back, and returned to the house for a very late lunch. 

I had a chat with Owain on WhatsApp then spent much of the evening downloading archived photo albums to add to others I'm storing on a 32GB USB stick. I've cleared more than five gigabytes of photos from one of my Google Photos accounts, but the increased spare space isn't registering. I'm still getting 'account nearly full' warnings. With millions of accounts stored on its servers, it probably takes a long time to update them all, especially as data is backed up more than once on different servers. This account I started around twenty years ago, possibly during a visit to Switzerland. It's hard to imagine where my data might actually be stored. Perhaps it doesn't make sense to ask, as it's so complex.

I caught up with Clare late evening, having spoken only briefly at lunchtime. After thinking about it she okayed the prospect of a summer holiday in Lausanne, and catching up again with old friends, so I informed Emma, and look forward to making contact for a briefing in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment