Tuesday 21 March 2023

Moving better

Another pleasant day and several hours of working on helping my painful back muscles to recover with gentle exercises and walking around the house. I worked on my draft of next Sunday's sermon, got ready for printing the final version of tomorrow's homily at the Eucharist, and started thinking about the Palm Sunday services to arrange, the week after next.

In the afternoon, I walked down to Los Boliches, called Clare again from the church office, walked along the Paseo Maritime, and shopped for more groceries at Mercadona on my way back up the hill. After supper I drafted another homily for next Wednesday, as it became easier to sit for longer without much discomfort. As long as I pay careful attention to posture the painful stiffness in my back slowly recedes. 

I'm grateful for what years of learning ChiGung and TaiChi taught me in order to cope with this. I'm glad that Clare's recent introduction to a short sequence of ChiGung exercises to help her cope with back pain has led her to interest in a regular class, so I've written to Christe my old teacher to enquire if we can join a class in Penarth when we return from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment