Wednesday 29 March 2023

Hay fever?

After last night's party, I was tired and groggy waking up. I had to leave Clare and Ann finishing a late breakfast in order to get to St Andrew's for the Eucharist on time. The arrived for the coffee hour afterwards, and then went with the other Ann to have lunch together, as I wasn't feeling too good.  I had a slight soreness at the back of my nose overnight, and a congested but runny nose developed during the morning. I think it's hay fever, after sitting outdoors at last night's fiesta. All sorts of plants and trees are starting to flower now.

Having recorded my Eucharist homily to circulate, I edited and emailed it to Caroline for distribution. Then continued working on recording and producing the Morning Prayer and Reflection video upload for Maundy Thursday while the girls were out. Then I went for a walk over the hill in search of Triple A batteries for my little voice recorder. Its batteries died just as I finished recording, so I thought it best to get new ones before I forget that I need to replace them. I found a large home furnishing store on the Mijas Road that sells batterie. Just after I left the store, Clare called to ask if I could get her some sandpaper - papel de lija - so I had to return to the store and hunt in the far recesses of the seemingly unstaffed basement level to find it. She needs this to clean old glue from the back of the loose piano keys before she sticks them on again.

When I returned, I cooked supper, slightly curried veggies with rice. After eating, I needed to stretch out on the floor as my back started playing up. I can't figure out why. It may be due to sitting outdoors last night in the cool of the evening and not moving around much. Hard to know really. It's my ninth week of locum duty and general tiredness seems to be overtaking me. Advancing age has something to do with it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment