Saturday 25 March 2023

Arrival

Another magnificent mild morning start to the day. Another load of washing done and put out to dry on the patio after breakfast. My sermon for tomorrow finished and printed off. Supper preparations made before lunch, so that making a meal is quick and easy when I return with Clare from the airport.

I thought of going into Málaga for a couple of hours before meeting her but decided it would be better to relax here instead. I caught a train just after four, and was at the arrivals gate ready by a quarter to five. Clare's flight was only ten minutes late, but it took forty minutes for her to get through passport control and collect her luggage. It seems that only one passport control gate was in service when she arrived with hundreds of others. The airport was very busy when I arrived, so maybe the other passport inspectors had gone for a tea break.

When we reached to Cercania station, one of the security guards helped us to buy an abono recorrido for Clare. Only one of four ticket machines was working, and it only accepted ten euro notes, which was most fortunate for as as that was what we had.  I spoke with the guard to be sure he understood what kind of ticket we needed, and not only did he understand me, but was complementary about my Spanish, and even encouraged me saying sigue practicando!

When got to Los Boliches we were fortunate enough to pass the L3 bus stop as one drew up, so we were spared having to wait, or climb the hill with luggage. I cooked a swordfish steak to share with veggies and rice for supper, while Clare unpacked. We were both tired afterwards and mindful of the clocks advancing an hour tonight, we made an effort to turn in before midnight.


No comments:

Post a Comment