Saturday 22 June 2024

A long longest day

After a restless night and early breakfast, I walked to Canton's Iceland store to buy some Welsh Cakes to take to my sister. Three packs, all of different colour, and it turned out that each pack had a variation n the traditional plain curranty version. How odd? Next time I will be forced to read what it says on the label.

Once I packed my travel rucksack, I walked to the bus station to book a ticket, having had problems booking on line. I only had a fifteen minute wait for the next coach, and arrived at Victoria coach station in good time for a train to Wandsworth Common and arrived at three. Having promised to visit June as soon as I could on return from Spain, and being unsure when I would be able to travel, it was a last minute decision and a surprise visit. I didn't arrive at the best time, as she was absorbed by a gripping tennis match on telly.

Apart from catching up on all that has happened since Easter, and reminiscing about life in our youthful days, I did some grocery shopping, and sorted a few problems to do with sending photos and banished Microsoft Copilot from her desktop, a pre-emptive strike against confusing and unhelpful interference in one's normal train of thought when performing routine computer tasks. Hopefully this will save future distress, as I know this gizmo like all the other pop ups that ruin the Windows user interface is destined to cause grief to an older user. If you know your own mind and what you want to do, distractions you don't need.

By eleven o'clock I was tired and took myself off to bed, leaving my sister watching the telly.

No comments:

Post a Comment