Wednesday 12 June 2024

Lying low

An unseasonable cold night, with the 'flu like symptions of reaction to yesterday's covid jab adding to the chill. I wondered if I'd be able to drive safely with the pain in the muscle where I was jabbed, so I left early for the dentist's. It wasn't that bad once I got going however. It turned out that it was a filling I'd broken, one which could be 25 years old. Done in 15 minutes. Feels rock solid again now. I drove home then walked to St Catherine's, arriving half way through the Eucharist. Afterwards, I chatted with the regulars for half an hour, then Fr SiĆ“n and I went to Chapter Arts Centre for another coffee and chat, convenient for collecting this week's veggie bag. It's good to see him enjoying his pastorate. He's lived in Canton for years, now he's one of the local pastors. Neighbour not stranger. Great! 

By the time I reached home Clare had lunch cooked, without the fresh veg having given up waiting for me to return. After eating I spent much of rest of the day sleeping off the jab reaction. The only useful thing I did was to shred a thick file folder of ancient bank statements and documents from my time in Monaco. I don't know why I didn't do that before. There's more stuff from past jobs to be got rid of, not to mention a load of books I won't now read or need to, as so much relevant information is now on the internet. Time for a clear out and make my study into something more than a store room for this that might one day come in handy - as if! The world has changed a lot, more so since I retired. After supper I watched another of the 'Sketch Artist' stories. Then early bed. Can't get enough sleep at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment