Saturday 15 June 2024

Scanned again

A mix of sunshine, intermittent showers and drizzle all day, with the wind blowing cold and warm in quite a random way. I woke up at seven and was driving to the UHW Radiology Unit by twenty to eight. The whole place was quiet, with few people around. By five to eight I reached the reception desk and after a short wait was ushered into the MRI scanner area and prepared for the half hour session, enclosed in this huge noisy machine, making an assortment of rhythmic mechanical sounds, which made me think of some kind of techno sound track. I think that's at least the fourth scan I've had. Two or three when I was being treated for the anal abscess, possibly one when a large stone was making its way out from my kidney and now this one. Must check in my blog archive when I get around to it.

With the job done, I was on my way back to the almost empty car park by a quarter to nine. I met Diana from St Catherine's in the corridor, going into work. She's a pharmacist, taking her turn at a Saturday morning duty.

Clare made pancakes for breakfast as it's a Saturday. That's how I know I'm at home again! As a result of a promotion email from the Oxwich Bay Hotel, I booked a three night stay, from tomorrow afternoon until Wednesday. It won't matter if the weather is lousy, just to be in one of our favourite places is what matters.As a matter of urgency, during the day, I got on with recording and editing Morning Prayer and Reflection for next Thursday and uploading to YouTube, so I have no work to think about while we're away.

I cooked sea bass with veggies for lunch. After a siesta we walked together in Thompson's Park. I then went for a longer walk around Llandaff Fields on my own, dodging showers, as I needed more exercise, despite being tired after getting up early. After supper, the last pair of episodes of 'The Sketch Artist'. From the ending, it's clear there'll be a third series. Now a night's sleep without having to think about preaching or taking a service tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment